We’re happy to announce the finalists for our 2019 Spokane Prize, judged by Kevin Canty.
- 6) Further News of Defeat: Stories, by Michael Wang
- 5) Something You Take a Pig to, by Andrew Gretes
- 4) The Machine We Trust & Other Stories, by Tim Conrad
- 3) Ars memoriae: short stories and other histories, by Erzsebet Gilbert
- 2) When We Were Liars, by Brian Crawford
And our winner,
- 1) Bosses of Light and Sound, by Nickalus Rupert
Nickalus Rupert spent most of his life near the Gulf Coast of Florida. He completed an MFA fellowship at the University of Central Florida and a PhD at the University of Southern Mississippi, where he also worked as an associate editor for Mississippi Review. His fiction has been nominated for Best American Short Stories and The Pushcart Prize, and has appeared in or is forthcoming in The Idaho Review, Bat City Review, Yemassee, Harpur Palate, Pleiades, Tin House Online, and elsewhere. He is represented by Willenfield Literary Agency and is currently at work on a novel. Find him at www.nickrupert.com.